Position Title: Receptionist
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Operations & Technology Manager
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Operations & Technology Manager, the Receptionist supports HCHC’s mission by being the first point of contact with the public and by supporting the work of each department. The receptionist must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills to work effectively with outside agencies and HCHC residents, staff and board members.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Answer incoming phone calls and the front doorbell; either address the needs of the caller/guest or connect them to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for all mail related functions including but not limited to sorting incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail including FedEx packages and certified mail, and maintenance of associated supplies, postage meter, stamps, forms, and etc.
- Respond to inquiries for affordable housing and provide potential housing applicants with information and/or housing application packets.
- Welcome guests and notify staff members when their guests have arrived.
- Provide employees and other parties, as needed, with access to the parking garage.
- Supplies & Office Organization
- Place orders for supplies to be delivered and/or go to stores to purchase supplies.
- Organize and clean-up common areas such as the copy room, kitchen and storage areas.
- Maintain schedule for use of the conference room and community rooms.
- Store shared equipment, such as the laptop computers, headphones and all other movable office equipment, in a secure location and track who is currently using the equipment.
- Manage petty cash.
- Kitchen and Food Related Tasks
- Unload the dishwasher each morning; load and turn on the dishwasher each evening.
- Order food and beverages for staff events, board meetings, group meetings and periodic special events.
- For monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, purchase greeting cards and order/pick-up desserts.
- Administrative Support for Each Department
- The receptionist will provide administrative support for all departments, including the general tasks of copying/scanning, filing and organizing supplies.
- Follow the Document Retention & Destruction Policy and assist each department as they work to comply with this Policy, including identifying documents for shredding and ensuring that documents are shredded and disposed of properly.
- Assist all departments with the creation of binders of information, for example, when HCHC prepares a response to a Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Assist with mailings, for example, when invitations are mailed for the annual fundraiser.
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Education and Experience
Prefer an AA degree and two years of related experience.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 20 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment and the employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. Other responsibilities, such as special events, will require work to be completed outdoors including on construction job sites.
Frequent travel within Los Angeles County to run errands, purchase supplies, and complete mail related functions. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings and meetings. Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and insurance as required by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: HCHC HR Department.
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other basis protected by law.