Hollywood Community Housing Corporation (HCHC) is a non-profit, community based organization established in 1989 to help combat the severe shortage of affordable housing for low income families, seniors and the disabled in Los Angeles County.
Position Title: Project Manager
Department: Housing Development
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Housing Development
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation (HCHC) is a non-profit developer of affordable rental housing serving low-income and formerly homeless households. The Project Manager is responsible for a wide range of tasks to advance HCHC’s strategic goal to develop affordable housing throughout Los Angeles County.
- Assist the Director and members of the housing development team with all aspects of the housing development process from site selection, financing, construction and conversion to permanent financing.
- Assist in the preparation of proformas that include sources, uses, operating expenses and cash flow projections.
- Assess project feasibility from multiple perspectives including financial and political.
- Read/review regulations and application requirements for funding sources.
- Complete funding applications to local, state and federal agencies and ultimately close the financing with all such agencies.
- Coordinate the work professionals including the architect, financial consultant, construction manager, general contractor and a range of other vendors who are integral to the success of each development. Review the work product of the vendors and professionals to verify accuracy and ensure that it meets the relevant requirements.
- Track all key dates/activities and monitor contract compliance, project budgets and flow of funds throughout the development process.
- Attend construction meetings and assist in the preparation and approval of construction draws.
- Prepare reports required by the City, County and financing partners.
- Assist with other projects and duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in a relevant field such as real estate development, urban planning, economics and/or a business degree. An advance degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3 years of experience within the real estate industry, property management, or the nonprofit sector is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good relationships including with members of the public.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft suite software, especially Excel.
- Proficient in preparing budgets.
- Ability to lead when required and to be a strong team player.
This position requires the use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 40 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment as well as outdoors at construction sites for new housing developments. The employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions.
Frequent travel within Los Angeles County for construction site visits and meetings with government agencies and the professionals involved in each project. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance as required by law. Must have a vehicle and be able to drive between sites.
HCHC’s Commitment to equity, diversity, access, and inclusion
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition or any other basis protected by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: HCHC Project Manager.