Position Title: Property Accountant I
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Finance
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for creating and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for assigned portfolio.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Reviews daily cash balance of operating account for assigned portfolio.
- Performs monthly closing, which includes review of on-site manager closing reports, expense review, posting journal entries, etc.
- Reconcile records of bank transactions.
- Reviews and reconciles accounts payable, accounts receivable, security deposits, and maintain a schedule of selected balance sheet accounts.
- Review cash receipts and accounts payable data entered by on-site property manager.
- Ensure vendor compliance with company policies, including obtaining W9 and insurance information.
- Follow up with vendors and/or on-site manager, regarding misapplied payments and payment discrepancies.
- Performs some accounts payable entry.
- Reviews delinquency and prepaid reports and follow-up for missing items with Regional Property Managers.
- Produces monthly financial package for Asset Management.
- Prepare monthly budget variance analysis to share with Property Management team.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Adheres to daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deadline requirements.
- Maintaining payable checklists in order to meet all payment deadlines.
- Adheres to department policy and procedures; with an intent to improve efficiency, communication, and internal controls.
- Performs other functions/tasks as may be required by the position and/or directed by the immediate supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience and one year of accounting work related to Property Management or non-profit low-income housing environment and/or combination of both.
- 2-3 years of experience working in high volume payables and receivables.
- Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Knowledge in RealPage, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with outside vendors, other staff members, onsite property employees and the Executive team.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: intercultural competency and willingness to continually deepen skills.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 40 pounds. HCHC requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any accommodation as may be required by law.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment and the employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions.
Periodic travel within Los Angeles County to run errands, purchase supplies, and complete mail and banking related functions. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings and meetings.
$26.50 – $36.00 per hour ($55,120 – $74,880 annually).
HCHC’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Access and Inclusion
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition or any other basis protected by law.
Please submit your resume to HR Manager, Angelica Pace, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: HCHC Property Accountant I. .