Position Title: Senior Office Administrator
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Executive Director, or their designee
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Senior Office Administrator supports HCHC’s mission by being the first point of contact with the public and by supporting the work of each department. The Senior Office Administrator must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills to work effectively with HCHC residents, staff and board members.
Essential Position Responsibilities
Administrative Support for Each Department
- Follow the Document Retention & Destruction Policy and assist each department as they work to comply with this Policy, including identifying documents for shredding and ensuring that documents are shredded and disposed of properly.
- Assist all departments with the creation of binders of information, for example, when HCHC prepares a response to a Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Assist with mailings, for example, when invitations are mailed for the annual fundraiser.
- Assist with food bank donations by assisting Resident Services with monthly truck unloading (One Thursday a month for 3 hours).
- Welcome guests and notify staff members when their guests have arrived.
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls and the front doorbell; either address the needs of the caller/guest or connect them to the appropriate person.
- Respond to inquiries for affordable housing and provide potential housing applicants with information and/or housing application packets.
- Provide employees and other parties, as needed, access to the parking garage.
Supplies & Office Organization
- Responsible for all mail related functions including but not limited to sorting incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail including FedEx packages and certified mail, and maintenance of associated supplies, postage meter, stamps, forms, and etc.
- Manage office supply inventory by fulfilling department orders to be delivered and/or go to stores to purchase supplies.
- Provide orientation and training to all staff on the office equipment, including but not limited to; photocopying, printing, transmitting and receiving faxes, office security system, and document shredder.
- Organize and tidy-up common areas such as the copy room, kitchen and storage areas.
- Maintain schedule for use of the conference room and community rooms.
- Coordinate all monthly staff meetings, curate and distribute meeting agenda, including soliciting volunteers for leading and providing an icebreaker.
Kitchen and Food Related Tasks
- Unload the dishwasher each morning; load and turn on the dishwasher each evening.
- Order food and beverages for staff events, board meetings, group meetings and periodic special events. For example for monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations and new hire lunches, order/pick-up food and desserts.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years in an administrative support role required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of taking on tasks with little direction or supervision.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and positive attitude when interacting with colleagues, residents, guests and other employees in the office.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks with ability to prioritize assignments with minimal supervision along with time management, resourcefulness, fine attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated competence using Microsoft Office applications is required with emphasis on creating Excel spreadsheets, formatting, Word documents and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Must have initiative with ability to anticipate needs and complete important tasks without needing to be asked.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 50 pounds. HCHC requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any accommodation as may be required by law.
Senior Office Administrator role will be in the office Monday – Friday. The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment and the employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. Other responsibilities, such running errands and special events, will require work to be completed outdoors.
Periodic travel within Los Angeles County to run errands, purchase supplies, and complete mail and banking related functions. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings and meetings.
HCHC’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Access and Inclusion
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition or any other basis protected by law.
Please submit your resume to HR Manager, Angelica Pace, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: HCHC Senior Office Administrator.